Jobholder performs all activities, taking into account the highest level of Safety and Health, protecting the Environment and reporting any HSE anomalies.
*Participating in the preparation of the consolidated annual statutory accounts :
*- Maintains contact with foreign subsidiaries and obtains all necessary information (fin. Statements, disclosures etc.);
- Ensures consistency of IFRS treatment throughout the consolidation- and reporting process, including the correct application of new standards in the financial statements and disclosures;
- Evaluates / reviews remarks from statutory auditors and process agreed updates;
- Provides analysis of input and clarification of details;
- Prepares the statutory accounts and all foreign subsidiaries;
- Prepares the sub consolidations and consolidation in SAP BFC;
- Prepares the consolidated annual statutory accounts;
- Takes an active role in streamlining and improving the consolidation process, using consistency checks where possible and paying particular attention to new or non-routine items.
Maintenance Consolidation Tool:
- Prepares chart of accounts in conformity with IFRS and Group requirements to be used for reporting;
- Ensures SAP BFC consolidation software is set up correctly for gathering information and reporting in accordance with IFRS;
- Communicates to and support local and foreign accountants in use of this tool;
- Participates in analysis, formatting and testing changes in the software.
Methods issues/non-recurring items
- Researches, resolves and documents methods issues (IFRS compliance, position papers) and treatment of issues for non-recurring items;
- Provides back up and additional support to Accounting when needed.
Other activities include
- Functions as back-up for the other Financial consolidation Analyst;
- Manages production of ad-hoc annual or interim statutory reports for other B.V. companies as needed;
- Provides information and analysis as needed for internal and external audits;
- Promotes accounting best practices and compliance with IFRS;
- Provides analysis reports to assist the tax department in the preparation of the annual tax return; - Prepares annual Group tax reporting for non- consolidated subsidiaries;
- Prepares the annual report for CBS (Dutch statistical institute)